"Never make someone a priority who only makes you an option."
My students and the schedule we set up are always my priority! Thank you for extending the same courtesy to me.
Studio Policy Update*
Lesson Schedule Policy
September 1, 2014
Changes from the 2012 Policy update are indicated
in bold italics.
- Lessons will be scheduled for 30 minutes, on the same day each
week. Forty-five minute lessons can be
arranged for advancing students or those requiring special instruction, for an
- New students can be added at the beginning of a calendar month.
- Students will remain on the roster and will be expected to comply with
scheduling and tuition payment policies until they give two weeks’ notice of
the intent to terminate lessons at the end of the current calendar month.
- If schedule conflicts arise, lessons can be rescheduled with a minimum
of 24 hours notice. When conflicts occur
on a regular basis, we may need to look for a more workable lesson time.
- If less than 24 hours notice is given, the notice is appreciated, but the
lesson will be considered missed. Missed
lessons will not be made up. There will
be no refund for missed lessons and tuition will not be prorated. *
- If inclement weather requires the cancellation of lessons, those lessons
will be considered missed.
- Lessons will not be held on Christmas Day, but other major holidays that
fall on regular lesson days will not be considered vacation days by the
teacher. In lieu of those, the teacher
reserves the right to take up to two weeks of “paid” vacation at her discretion
during the year.
The above policies apply to both teacher and
- Tuition for the month is due in advance, on the date of the first
scheduled lesson of the month.
- Tuition will be $70.00 per calendar month of
scheduled 30-minute lessons and $100.00 per calendar month for
- Tuition payments not made by the third scheduled lesson date will incur
a $10.00 late fee.
- Payments can be made by cash or check.
For your convenience, you may want to set up automatic monthly payments
through your bank.
- If circumstances require a
“break” from lessons for a period of a month or more, a fee of $45.00 per month
will be required to hold your lesson time and keep you on the roster during
your absence. That fee will be assessed
until you return to lessons or give notification of the intent to stop.
- Fees forsessions outside the scheduled monthly lessons will be $20 for a 30 minute session and $30 for a 45 minute session. This generally applies to individuals who are not "regular" students and request coaching or help on a specific problem.
Exceptions or changes in policy will be handled on
an individual basis as required, at the discretion of the teacher.
*Why don’t I prorate missed lessons?
As stated in the Tuition
Policy, the “a la carte” or per lesson fee for individual sessions is $20 for a half-hour and $30 for 45-minutes. This fee is assessed to students who,
for various reasons, are unable to commit to a regular schedule.
Also, per the Scheduling
Policy, I teach a minimum of 50 weeks per year. (It often turns into 51 weeks because I forget
to take vacation time!) At the per lesson rate, that would make the total
tuition $1000 per year for half-hour lessons or $1500 per year for 45-minute
Since the number of lessons
per month varies, I have chosen to assess a fixed monthly tuition amount for
students who enroll for regularly scheduled lessons. That works out to a total
yearly tuition of $840 ($70x12) for half-hour lessons and $1200 ($100x12) for
45-minute lessons. So, there are 8-10 “free” lessons already built into the
tuition plan. Because policies apply equally to both the students and myself,
this allows for the occasional “sick day”, snow day, or last minute
cancellation without affecting the monthly tuition amount.
[$1000-840=160/20=8 “free” half-hour lessons
$1500-1200=300/30=10 “free” 45-minute lessons]
The last increase in tuition
was in 2014.